Virginians completing the application for the first time can follow 4 simple steps to become a Virginia Ready Scholar. These steps include how to make an account, how to login to your account, how to complete the application and how to submit the application as final.
Virginia Ready Eligibility Requirements:
- You are looking to increase your skill set by earning a credential for an in-demand job in a high growth sector
- You have lived in Virginia for at least one year
- You are enrolled in a VA Ready supported FastForward Course
- You are signing up prior to or within the 5 calendar days of your class starting (1st calendar day is the first day of class. You must submit your VA Ready sign up application as final prior to your class starting or within the first 5 calendar days (NOT class meeting days) of your class starting to be eligible for VA Ready.)
1. Make an account.
An account is a username and password you use on scholars.vaready.org. You’ll need an email address (username), create a password, confirm your password, your first name, your last name, and answer a security question.
IMPORTANT: Make sure you use an email address you can access and that you check frequently. This is the main point of contact between you and the Virginia Ready team.
Please note that after creating an account you MUST log into the account and submit a VA Ready Sign-Up Application as “Final” to be considered for the VA Ready Scholar program. You MUST complete the eligibility page, and other required questions. Once you have completed the application, you need to submit as final to apply to be a VA Ready Scholar.
2. Create an application on the Scholar Portal Dashboard.
Go to scholars.vaready.org. Click“Log in.” Enter your email address and password. Then, click, “Log in.”
3. How to Complete the VA Ready Sign Up Application
Once you are logged in, you will be on the “Dashboard” of the Virginia Ready Scholar Portal. Instructions and eligibility requirements are explained at the top of the page.
To create an application, select “VA Ready Sign-Up” from the dropdown menu and click “Create.”
All tabs must be completed. If you are unable to complete the application and need to return to it at a later time, please click “Save” or “Save as Draft” button. This will ensure your work has been saved.
The first tab you will need to complete is labeled “Eligibility.” You will need to answer the following questions:
- Choose where you are receiving your credentials from.
- Virginia Community College – If you are enrolled in a community college please select Virginia Community College.
Once you have selected the answer, this will toggle additional questions you must answer to complete the tab.
- Are you looking to increase your skill set by earning a credential for an in demand job in Virginia’s growth sector?
- Have you been living full time in Virginia for at least 1 year?
- Have you enrolled in or registered for a course at the community college? The course must be eligible for Virginia Ready and part of the FastForward program. To find a list of Virginia Ready supported courses please visit vaready.org. Not all courses are supported at every college.
- UPLOAD Documents
- Community College Class Registration Email/Transaction Receipt – In the upload section, please provide VA Ready with a copy of the email you received upon registering for your class at your community college. This email should come from the community college you enrolled in and show your name, the community college name, the class name, the start date, and the end date. The subject line should be “Community College Class registration” or “Transaction Receipt.”
- Are you signing up for VA Ready prior to your class starting or within the first 5 calendar days of your class starting? (1st calendar day is the first day of class. You must submit your VA Ready sign up application as final prior to your class starting or within the first 5 calendar days of your class starting to be eligible for VA Ready.)
Click “Next Tab” to advance to the “Applicant” tab.
Information needed on the “Applicant” tab is:
- Applicant information
- Voluntary information – NOTE: the questions in this section are required, however, you may select “prefer not to answer” as a response.
- How did you first hear about VA Ready?
- What device are you using to sign up for VA Ready?
Once you have completed both the “Eligibility” and “Applicant” tabs, additional tabs will appear when you click “Next Tab.”
If the eligibility questions are not answered correctly, the additional tabs will not appear.
The next tab that will need to be completed is the Enrollment Information tab. Before signing up to be a VA Ready Scholar, you must already be enrolled in a FastForward program. If you are not enrolled, please go to the FastForward website and scroll to the bottom of the page to request more information. A FastForward coach will reach out to you and help you get enrolled.
You will need to certify that you are enrolled in a FastForward program by clicking the checkbox. You will need to provide VA Ready with your community college enrollment information.
Click “Next Tab” to advance to the Confirmation tab.
On this tab, you’ll need to read and review the VA Ready Scholar Agreement and confirm your understanding of the agreement.
Click “Next Tab” to complete the Scholar Expectation pledge. You’ll need to read and review the Scholar Expectation Pledge and confirm your understanding and agree to follow the pledge.
4. You are now ready to click the “Submit as Final” button.
Congratulations! You have now completed your Virginia Ready Scholar Application and it is under review.
Please allow the Student Journey Team up to 5 business days to make a decision about your application. In rare instances, the team may need further information before accepting you into the program. Again, it is important that you make sure you use an email address you can access and that you check frequently.