Important: In order to qualify as a VA Ready Scholar for the Sentara College of Health Sciences Patient Care Technician Program, you must submit your application as “Final” before the course begins OR no later than 5 calendar days following the course’s start date (Day 1 = First day of classes).
See the instructions below to submit an application.
Step One: Make an Account
Click on the blue “Make an Account” button. Clicking the “Make an Account” button will bring up the registration form, which only takes a minute to fill out and allows you to create an account. After creating an account you will get an email and pop up message that will tell you to log into your account to fill out the sign up form.
Step Two: Log Into Your Account
Now that you have created an account, you must login and submit your application.
Using the steps and screenshots below as reference, you can then log into the system by:
- Clicking “Login” (to the left of “Make an Account”)
- Enter in the email and password you used to make an account in the previous step
- After you have entered the system, please locate the box that reads “Select” and choose the “VA Ready Sign-Up” form option from the dropdown list and click “Create”
Step Three: Fill out and submit application
Once you have created a Sign-Up Form, you will need to complete the application and submit it as “Final.” You will not be able to submit an application as final until all required fields are completed.
First, select the “Sentara College of Health Science Option” from the dropdown menu of the first field. This will unlock the remaining eligibility questions.
You must answer each eligibility question as it pertains to your situation (See screenshots below for reference).
For the section asking for a “Sentara College of Health Sciences Conditional Acceptance Letter” follow the steps below:
- The email we need is the one that was sent to you after you were accepted into Sentara College of Health Sciences. Please provide VA Ready with a copy of the email from Sentara that Acknowledges your acceptance into the program. This letter should include your name, the program name, and the term in which your program will occur.
- There are several ways to upload this email. One option is you can simply take a screenshot or picture of this email. Alternatively, if working on a desktop, you can navigate to the email in your inbox and select the “print” option. When the print menu appears, select “Save as PDF” from the format options. The location of this option may vary, but it should be able to be found by clicking on the box that reads “PDF.”
Once this section is complete, click “Next Tab” or “Save.”
Applicant, Enrollment Information, and Confirmation Tabs:
After you fill out the eligibility, complete the remaining 3 tabs. Be sure that you fill out each required field for every tab.
Please note: You will need to upload a picture of your Virginia State driver’s license or ID card to prove that you are a Virginia resident. Be prepared to take a photo of this and upload it to the appropriate section.
Once you have completed all four tabs you may submit your Sign-Up Form as final. All VA Ready Sign-Up Forms must be submitted as final prior to your class starting or within the first 5 calendar days of your class starting to be eligible for VA Ready (Day 1 = First day of classes).
Please allow 5 business days for the VA Ready team to review your Sign-Up Form application once you have submitted it as final. Once your Sign-Up Form has been reviewed you will be notified via if your sign up form application was approved, if you are asked to resubmit your sign up form application, or if your sign up form has been withdrawn.
Step Four: UPLOADING YOUR CREDENTIAL (AFTER SUCCESSFULLY FINISHING YOUR CREDENTIALING EXAM)
It is important to note that once you finish your course AND pass your credentialing exam, you will need to submit a copy of your completed credential from the accreditation body registry. Important: this process is not part of the application process, but we wanted you to be familiar with it for when the time comes.
To review these instructions for future reference, click here for a detailed walk through.