Signup Instructions – Sentara
Important: In order to qualify as a VA Ready Scholar for the Sentara College of Health Sciences Patient Care Technician Program, you must submit your application as “Final” before the course begins OR no later than 5 calendar days following the course’s start date (Day 1 = First day of classes).
See the instructions below to submit an application.
Step One: Make an Account
Click on the blue “Make Account” button. Clicking the “Make Account” button will bring up the registration form. After creating an account you will get an email and pop up message that will tell you to log into your account to fill out the Scholar Application.
REMINDER: Make sure you use an email address you have access to and can check frequently.
Step Two: Log Into Your Account
Once you have created your account, you can then log into the system by:
- Clicking “Login” (to the left of “Make Account”)
- Enter in the email and password from when you made an account.
- After you have entered the system, please choose the “VA Ready Application” option from the dropdown list and click “Create.”
Step Three: Fill out and submit application
Once you have created a Scholar Application, you will need to complete the application and submit it by clicking the “Apply Now” button. You will not be able to submit an application until all required fields are completed.
You must answer each eligibility question as it pertains to your situation.
For the section asking for a “Sentara College of Health Sciences Conditional Acceptance Letter” follow the steps below:
- The email we need is the one that was sent to you after you were accepted into Sentara College of Health Sciences. This letter should include your name, the program name, and the term in which your program will occur.
- There are several ways to upload this email. One option is you can simply take a screenshot or picture of this email. Alternatively, if working on a desktop, you can navigate to the email in your inbox and select the “print” option. When the print menu appears, select “Save as PDF” from the format options. The location of this option may vary, but it should be able to be found by clicking on the box that reads “PDF.”
Once this section is complete, click “Next Tab.”
Applicant, Enrollment Information, and Confirmation Tabs:
After you fill out the eligibility, complete the remaining 3 tabs. Be sure that you fill out each required field for every tab.
Please note: You will need to upload a picture of your Virginia State driver’s license or ID card to prove that you are a Virginia resident. Be prepared to take a photo of this and upload it to the appropriate section.
Once you have completed all four tabs you may submit your Scholar Application by clicking “Apply Now.” All VA Ready Scholar Applications must be submitted prior to your class starting or within the first 5 calendar days of your class starting to be eligible for VA Ready (Day 1 = First day of classes).
Please allow 5 business days for the VA Ready team to review your VA Ready Scholar Application once you have submitted it. Once your VA Ready Scholar Application has been reviewed you will be notified if your Scholar Application was approved, if you are asked to resubmit your Scholar Application, or if your Scholar Application has been withdrawn.
Step Four: UPLOADING YOUR CREDENTIAL (AFTER SUCCESSFULLY FINISHING YOUR CREDENTIALING EXAM)
It is important to note that once you finish your course AND pass your credentialing exam, you will need to submit a copy of your completed credential from the accreditation body registry in order to receive your $1,000 Credential Achievement Award.