Learn how to apply:
In order to qualify for Virginia Ready, you must first submit an application as final to our system before your course begins OR no later than 5 calendar days after your course’s start date (Day 1 = First day of classes). We have outlined instructions below for this application process.
Important: Please note that the $1,000 Credential Achievement Award from Virginia Ready is only awarded after you complete your course and pass your credential exam. Applying for Virginia Ready qualifies you for this award, but only after the class/exam are completed and the correct documentation is submitted to Virginia Ready.
Step One: Make an Account
Click on the blue “Make an Account” button. Clicking the “Make an Account” button will bring up the registration form, which only takes a minute to fill out and allows you to create an account. After creating an account you will get an email and pop up message that will tell you to log into your account to fill out the sign up form.
Step Two: Log In To Your Account
Once you have created your account, you can then log into the system by:
- Clicking the Login button (which is to the left of Make an Account)
- Enter in your account email and password from when you made an account.
- After you have entered the system, please choose the Virginia Ready Sign Up form option from the dropdown list and click “Create.”
Use the following screenshots as a guide for these steps:
Step Three: Fill Out and Submit Application
Once you have created a Sign Up form, you will need to complete the application and click “Apply Now.” You will not be able to submit an application until all required fields are completed.
First, select the “Virginia Community College” from the dropdown menu of the first field. This will unlock the remaining eligibility questions.
You must answer each eligibility question as it pertains to your situation (See screenshots below for reference).
For the section asking for a “Community College Registration Email,” follow the steps below:
- The email we need is the one that was sent to you after you enrolled in the course. This email should have the community college name, class name, your name (First and Last), as well as the start and end dates for the course.
- There are several ways to upload this email. One option is that you can simply take a screenshot or picture of this email. Alternatively, if working on a desktop, you can navigate to the email in your inbox and select the “print” option. When the print menu appears, select “Save as PDF” from the format options. The location of this option may vary, but it should be able to be found by clicking on the box that reads “PDF.”
- Important: Ensure that whatever picture you upload has the community college name, course name, your name (First and Last), and the start and end dates clearly visible.
Once this section is completed, click “Next Tab” or “Save.”
Applicant, Enrollment Information, and Confirmation tabs:
After you fill out the eligibility, complete the remaining 3 tabs. Be sure that you fill out each required field for every tab.
Once you have completed all four tabs you may submit your Sign up form as final. All Virginia Ready Sign up forms must be submitted by clicking “Apply Now” prior to your class starting or within the first 5 calendar days of your class starting to be eligible for Virginia Ready (Day 1 = First day of classes).
Please allow 5 business days for the Virginia Ready team to review your application once you have submitted by clicking “Apply Now”. Once your application has been reviewed you will be notified via email if your application was approved, if you are asked to resubmit your application, or if your application has been withdrawn.
Step Four: Uploading your credential (after successfully finishing your credentialing exam)
It is important to note that once you finish your course AND pass your credentialing exam, you will need to submit a copy of your completed credential from the accreditation body registry, as well as an acknowledgement of credential email sent by VCCS. Important: this process is not part of the application process, but we wanted you to be familiar with it for when the time comes.
To review these instructions for future reference, click here for a detailed walk through.
Click here to create an account and apply for Virginia Ready: